Platform & API EngineerUpload Resume
Link opens in new tab.
At Eighty we’re building green energy hardware and software to empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable utility provider. Our vision is to offset 80% of our customers’ carbon footprint and lower their utility bills by 80% or more. We believe the keys to saving our planet — and money — are electrification, decentralization, decarbonization, and digitization. We are well-funded and moving quickly to get out transformative products to customers.
You will be a founding member of a new team, responsible for building an energy platform of APIs to help our B2B customers connect integration with our systems as well as third party partners in the IoT and energy sector. As a member of a customer-centric engineering team, you’ll interact with our customers and partners to help better understand their needs and improve their Eighty experience.
You’ll work with an amazing team of engineers to help build experiences that delight.
You’ll collaborate with DevOps and leadership to architect a platform to support a developer portal with documentation, auth, and sandbox capabilities where our B2B APIs will be hosted. We’ll rely on you to help shape our “Powered by 8TY” implementation and solutions.
Who You Are
You’ll be a great fit if you have a passion for helping to solve complex climate challenges and are committed to finding new innovative ways to preserve and enhance our planet. As a member of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll add incredible value as a self-starter, excited to learn new technologies and apply your hard skills to create a platform where our B2B customers can connect all of the smart appliances in their homes and leverage the 8TY products that will help them live clean, renewable lives.
Experience You'll Need
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Experience building B2B platforms and/or API marketplace implementations
- Experience supporting partners as customers, to define and improve our API offerings, and assist with questions
- Demonstrated proficiency of authentication and authorization mechanisms like OAuth and JSON Web tokens
- Operational experience monitoring and maintaining reliable, secure, and scalable software that you’ve developed
- Experience building scalable, secure, and reliable REST or GraphQL APIs
- AWS certifications at the Associate or Professional level (or equivalent on Azure or GCP) are highly encouraged
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Proficiency with test automation and deployment of solutions.
- Familiarity with and experience implementing DevOps principles.
- Proven experience as Platform Engineer or Architect, with programming skills in languages such as Python, Typescript, Node, or others
- The ability to translate integration strategies into designs and then into high quality, scalable, secure, and reliable code
- Experience evolving and maintaining AWS architectures, including monitoring and alerting systems
- “Bonus” experiences: Experience with power or battery management systems, electricity markets, micro-grids, energy monitoring, variable load control systems, EV charging, etc
Link opens in new tab.
A new revolution in clean energy storage
© 2022 8TY Inc. All Rights Reserved
Sign up to be the first to know when the Kinetic Home Battery Station is available in your area.
Thank you! We will be in touch soon!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.