2-5 years Back to Job Listings
Firmware EngineerUpload Resume
Link opens in new tab.
At Eighty we’re building green energy hardware and software to empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable utility provider.
Our vision is to offset 80% of our customers’ carbon footprint and lower their utility bills by 80% or more.
We believe the keys to saving our planet — and money — are electrification, decentralization, decarbonization, and digitization. We are well-funded and moving quickly to get out transformative products to customers. If you are passionate about making a dent in the universe and saving our planet, come join us
The person in this role will be a founding member of a new team, responsible for developing the firmware for Flywheel Energy Storage System (FESS) controller which is critical for safe operation of the FESS. Job functions for this role will include a full lifecycle of design, development, test, debugging and documentation.
Who You Are
You’ll be a great fit if you have a passion for helping to solve complex climate challenges and are committed to finding new innovative ways to preserve and enhance our planet. As a member of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll add incredible value as a self-starter, excited to learn new technologies and apply your hard skills to empower our customers to discover, purchase, and install the 8TY products that will help them live clean, renewable lives.
What You'll Own
- Design and develop embedded firmware for Flywheel Energy Storage System (FESS) controller
- Identify and define requirements related to firmware/ embedded systems, design, debug, test and document
- Collaborate closely with hardware team to understand product functionality and develop critical design components
- Collaborate with Software team to implement communication between Hardware and AWS/ App
- Participate in system integration (Electronics, Mechanics, Software, Cloud, App)
Experience You'll Need
- 2-5 years of experience in developing commercial firmware application
- Strong knowledge in C/C++ coding
- Experience in serial communication protocols (I2C, CAN, CAN-FD, Ethernet, RS485, etc.)
- Experience in wireless communication protocols (BT, WiFi, etc.)
- Experience in application development using Embedded Linux/ Yocto
- Experience in real-time embedded applications, multi-threading and inter process communication
- Ability to reach schematic and PCB and understand basics of hardware
- Experience in IoT industry is a plus
We’re making it our mission to get all homeowners to reduce their carbon emissions by 50–80% over the next 3-5 years.Upload Resume
Link opens in new tab.
A new revolution in clean energy storage
© 2022 8TY Inc. All Rights Reserved
Sign up to be the first to know when the Kinetic Home Battery Station is available in your area.
Thank you! We will be in touch soon!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.